BBO Discussion Forums: Can't login to BBO via Android Tablet any more - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't login to BBO via Android Tablet any more Password field acts goofy

#1 User is offline   svengolly 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-01, 14:39

I used to be able to play BBO on my Android Tablet (not easy since the interface really wants a mouse). However, something has changed. Now, I can't enter a password into the password field because it swallows up the characters as you enter them. So I can never log in via tablet.

Sidenote: With more and more people using tablets, you'd thing BBO would make the interface a bit more tablet friendly. <_<

#2 User is offline   WebbyWendy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-April-08, 17:28

I just got a new Android based tablet and one of the reasons was so that I could play BBO. So disappointing that it won't accept the password entry. Can someone fix this ASAP?

#3 User is offline   svengolly 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-13, 00:11

Looks like no one from BBO is monitoring these issues. :(

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-13, 13:52

I've asked Jacki to check on this. She says she's used her Android to with BBO successfully, but I don't know if she's used it recently.

#5 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2012-April-13, 14:39

View Postbarmar, on 2012-April-13, 13:52, said:

I've asked Jacki to check on this. She says she's used her Android to with BBO successfully, but I don't know if she's used it recently.

When you enter your password, you will not see the normal *****. Instead you will see nothing. However, the system is recording your keystrokes and if you have entered your password correctly, you will be able to log on.

When you enter a keystroke if you watch carefully, you may be able to see it briefly and then it will disappear. So what you have to do is very carefully enter your password. If it doesn't work, backspace several times to be sure that there's nothing left in the password box because if you have a character left over from the last failed attempt, then your password will be wrong.

I suggest clicking the 'remember' box once you're successful so you don't have to go through this agony every time you want to log on.

But this is normal, at least it's the way mine is and others I have spoken to. Just remember, the software is recording your keystrokes, so you will be able to log on even though you're not going to see the 'normal' box when you enter your password.

Jacki :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users