BBO Discussion Forums: Simple judgement call (corrected) - BBO Discussion Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Simple judgement call (corrected)

#61 User is offline   bluecalm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-17, 15:19

Please would bluecalm or somebody else help me. A few years ago, I wrote a couple of dealer scripts but I don't know how to include a double-dummy analysis. I don't have GIB but I believe there is some way of using another DD solver. My initial crude attempt below fails

I am using dmpro for all my simuls. I have no idea how dealer scripts even work :)

#62 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-17, 19:06

View Postawm, on 2012-May-07, 20:38, said:

In general I try to avoid inviting. The invite gives information to the opposition and gets us to silly contracts like 2NT and 3. Thus I try to narrow my invite range as much as possible, either bidding game or passing.... so basically my invite is a "good 8 to a bad 9" and I would pass with most 8s and force game with most 9s. This doesn't quality as a good 8 for me; in fact I think it is a slightly below-average 8. Pass.

I love this way of thinking.

This also protects you from some nasty doubles in a game contract after an invitation auction, which they would never do if you blast game since you can be much stronger than what you have. As well as some rare but possible partscore doubles.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#63 User is offline   bluecalm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-17, 19:38

Damn, i am really curious about this non-invite style.
My intuition really doesn't like it but every time I tried to run some simuls it seemed that invite is always the worst option.
Is there any semi-decent card playing bridge program which could be use for simulating this ? Or any open-source semi-decent bridge program ? I could do bidding myself, just need automatic card player.

Let's say we have:
Ax T9x AJxx xxxx do you think it's just a bash opposite 15-17 1NT ? My intuition strongly tells me I will be collecting a lot of 0's if I start playing this way.

#64 User is offline   Statto 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, but not in conflation.
    Statistics, but not massaged by the media.

Posted 2012-May-18, 19:12

View Postnige1, on 2012-May-15, 20:53, said:

View PostStatto, on 2012-May-15, 20:41, said:

Did you specify 2 nines and 2 eights (but no tens) in the simulation? It may make a difference. Thanks for the link :)

66 deals satisfy the criteria, South can make 3N in 24 of those cases :( :( :(

That sort of suggest to me that this hand is in the invite zone, and pretty close to the punting zone vul at teams if you don't have an invite. B-)
A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem – Albert Einstein

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users