• You cannot reply to this topic

FIFA

#101 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-02, 12:54

View Postmike777, on 2015-June-02, 12:22, said:

ONe report said over 1000 killed in building of CUP games in Qutar ..if true it seems not many really care that much.

The slave labor and associated mass murder (I will not call them simply deaths) in Qatar are by far the greatest stain on FIFA. I have seen projections, based on current total victims and state of completion of the stadia, of 4-5000 total murders by end of project. The scope of the slaughter is deeply horrible; the Qatari lords in charge have claimed their place among the truly evil.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#102 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-02, 13:16

View Postbillw55, on 2015-June-02, 12:54, said:

The slave labor and associated mass murder (I will not call them simply deaths) in Qatar are by far the greatest stain on FIFA. I have seen projections, based on current total victims and state of completion of the stadia, of 4-5000 total murders by end of project. The scope of the slaughter is deeply horrible; the Qatari lords in charge have claimed their place among the truly evil.

Well if true I can say America is truly ignorant of the reports I doubt one in ten or twenty know this stuff.

As for the rest of the world...shame they do not demand the cancellation of the world cup

#103 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-02, 15:17

View Postmike777, on 2015-June-02, 13:16, said:

Well if true I can say America is truly ignorant of the reports I doubt one in ten or twenty know this stuff.

As for the rest of the world...shame they do not demand the cancellation of the world cup

Well I know at least one country that did ...

#104 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2015-June-02, 15:55

View PostPhilKing, on 2015-June-02, 15:17, said:

Well I know at least one country that did ...

Really ok. WHO?

I have not heard of one single country call for the cup to be cancelled.

I have heard of many rumors to move the cup.

#105 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-02, 20:26

View Postmike777, on 2015-June-02, 13:16, said:

cancellation of the world cup? mike, please try to keep up. several candidate hosts have been listed already in this thread. it would be truly idiotic to cancel a world cup that is three years out.
OK
bed

#106 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2015-June-02, 21:38

View Postjjbrr, on 2015-June-02, 20:26, said:

cancellation of the world cup? mike, please try to keep up. several candidate hosts have been listed already in this thread. it would be truly idiotic to cancel a world cup that is three years out.

not idiotic...the very best thing to do...
I have listed reasons why.

You have listed zero reasons better to continue. IN fact your only reason is too attack as "idiotic"

You have addressed zero of my points to cancel that I have discussed in this thread.

the fact fans will not even consider doing right..

fans are willing to put up with anything even this massive corruption on a grand scale, and if the reports are true thousands are killed.

Your response...don't cancel the cup. As I predicted this will be the response.

#107 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-02, 21:57

sigh
OK
bed

#108 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 02:44

I am pretty sure this WC will be replaced...and not due to the corruption but the climate, and half empty or empty stadiums we would see in this country with any tradition in soccer.
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#109 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 02:46

View PostAberlour10, on 2015-June-03, 02:44, said:

I am pretty sure this WC will be replaced...and not due to the corruption but the climate,

I agree the watercooler has been going downhill, and the climate change thread is ridiculous - but replace it? With what, exactly?
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#110 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 02:56

View Postcherdano, on 2015-June-03, 02:46, said:

I agree the watercooler has been going downhill, and the climate change thread is ridiculous - but replace it? With what, exactly?

oups my english is still so poor as the transparency of the FIFA heh

moved to the other place, right?

Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#111 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 03:31

View Postcherdano, on 2015-June-03, 02:46, said:

View PostAberlour10, on 2015-June-03, 02:44, said:

I am pretty sure this WC will be replaced...and not due to the corruption but the climate,

Perhaps you care to address the corruption in the water cooler?

;)

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#112 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2015-June-03, 07:43

Interesting background story in the Post: How a curmudgeonly old reporter exposed the FIFA scandal that toppled Sepp Blatter

Foul!” earned Jennings a following, including admirers within law enforcement. In 2009, he got a call from an “ex-spook” who wanted to introduce Jennings to a few people.

“I go down to London to this anonymous office block, and you go in and there are three men with American accents,” Jennings remembers. “They’ve got government-style haircuts. They introduce themselves as FBI special agents and give me their business cards, which say ‘organized crime squad.'”

“Bliss,” Jennings remembered thinking. “The European police forces will do nothing [about FIFA] so it was damn good to see professional investigators get involved.”

Jennings was eager to help, and after making a few phone calls to sources in the Americas, he sent confidential Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) financial reports to the FBI and the IRS. They showed mysterious, multi-million-dollar “commissions,” Jennings claimed.

“I said, ‘Right, let’s just level the playing field a bit,'” he said. “And I gave them the documents that really got this going.”

Jennings trusted the FBI, rather than his fellow reporters, “to look at an organization like FIFA and know what crooks they are,” he said. For six years, he’s used his sources to stay abreast of the investigation. Jennings said he knew that a grand jury had met in the past year to consider bringing charges, but didn’t know who would be charged, or when.

I guess John Oliver will be drinking a Bud Light Lime. (Yuck...)
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#113 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2015-June-03, 11:38

View PostPassedOut, on 2015-June-03, 07:43, said:

I guess John Oliver will be drinking a Bud Light Lime. (Yuck...)

Yes, but what will he drink if he wants a beer?
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#114 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 12:19

View Postblackshoe, on 2015-June-03, 11:38, said:

Yes, but what will he drink if he wants a beer?

Budweiser! (not the light or lime) The best beer in the world that goes well with Jameson - Jack - Fireball shots!

This ain't wine! The best BEER = the beer that allows you to drink max amount for any budget!
See what happens in Europe in soccer games...Bad beer causes frustration and people kill each other. Which won't happen in Budweiser selling NFL games.Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#115 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-June-03, 13:10

Budweiser in one country is a completely different drink than Budweiser in another.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#116 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2015-June-03, 16:20

Years ago, I was watching a football game with some friends, one of whom was Australian. This commercial for Foster's Lager came on. The last line was some Aussie holding up a can and saying "Fosters! It's Australian for beer!" My friend countered "Nonsense! 'Foster's' is Australian for 'Budweiser'!" B-)
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#117 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2015-June-03, 17:52

There's nothing wrong with Budweiser that couldn't be fixed by selling it before they feed it to the clydesdales...
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#118 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 18:01

The only good Budweiser comes from Budweis (České Budějovice as it is now) the Czech stuff.

A friend when he orders Fosters at a local where he's known usually asks for a pint of kangaroo piss.

IMO the best beers are either English bitters and other types or continental dark beers, my absolute favourite is http://belgium.beert.../kasteel-donker which is not for the faint hearted.

#119 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2015-June-03, 18:33

View PostTrinidad, on 2015-June-03, 03:31, said:

Perhaps you care to address the corruption in the water cooler?

;)

Rik

Hey! Feel free to bribe me! (problem: how to send/receive brown money-stuffed envelopes by email)
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#120 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 20:38

lol@this derail, but beer snobbery with regards to budweiser is always amazing to me, and its the clearest indicator that the budtagonist is ignorant of beer. bud unabashedly appeals to the lowest common denominator and tries to cater to the largest, most accessible audience. their beer can't have strong flavors, because strong flavors alienate customers they're hoping to attract.

ok, so you're not the lowest common denominator. great! you probably have an idea of what you enjoy in a beer. please just order that instead and keep your preferences to yourself. no one cares if you prefer saisons or porters or lambics or heineken or kingfisher or miller or can i stop now?
OK
bed

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users