BBO Discussion Forums: I have not seen this before - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I have not seen this before No doubt it is not new.

#21 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-05, 09:34

OK, got it and thanks.
I could/should have looked this up myself. I am confining myself to ACBL rules, this seems right since it was an acbl club.

Rules appear at:
http://web2.acbl.org...cate-Bridge.pdf

Thanks to everyone.

As has been explained by others,
Rule 15 applies.

A. Cards from Wrong Board
1 A call is cancelled (together with any subsequent call) if it is made by a player holding cards that he has picked up from a wrong board.
2. (a) If the offender's partner has subsequently called, the Director shall award an adjusted score.
(b) Otherwise, after looking at the correct hand the offender calls again and the auction continues normally from that point.
© Law 16C applies to any call withdrawn or cancelled.
3. If the offender subsequently repeats his call onthe board from which he mistakenly drew hiscards the Director may allow that board to beplayed normally, but the Director shall awardan adjusted score when offender's call differs from his original cancelled call.
4. A procedural penalty (Law 90) may beassessed in addition to the rectifications above.

In this case "the offender's partner has subsequently called".
So the board is cancelled and an adjusted score is applied.
Ken

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-June-05, 09:42

View Postkenberg, on 2018-June-05, 09:34, said:

OK, got it and thanks.
I could/should have looked this up myself. I am confining myself to ACBL rules, this seems right since it was an acbl club.

Except for a few places where the Laws allow RA elections (which are fewer in the 2017 Laws than previous editions), the Laws are the same in all jurisdictions. There's nothing in Law 15 that's RA-specific.

#23 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-10, 08:56

View Postbarmar, on 2018-June-05, 09:42, said:

Except for a few places where the Laws allow RA elections (which are fewer in the 2017 Laws than previous editions), the Laws are the same in all jurisdictions. There's nothing in Law 15 that's RA-specific.

Should that not be RR-specific? There was an incident at the North London Club where RR put the two boards of the round on the table in the wrong order and then took his cards from the other board before opening the bidding. SB overcalled before the error was noticed. OO decided that the three other players had taken their cards from the wrong board but RR had taken his cards from the correct board, the one he was scheduled to play in this round.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#24 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-June-11, 08:51

If we're going to have player-specific Laws, how about one for any game where SB is playing. Law 0: Players may not try to explain the Laws to the Director.

#25 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-11, 10:21

That last post for some reason reminds me of a scene from the movie "Force of One", in which Chuck Norris plays a Chicago cop. He walks into this bar full of hoodlums, and one of them says something to him like "I don't think you want to be here." Chuck replies "When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you." B-)
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users