BBO Discussion Forums: Where are the BBO and ACBL marketing people - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where are the BBO and ACBL marketing people

#1 User is offline   mangurian 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-11, 12:27

I think it is clear that the pandemic is an opportunity to publicize and perhaps expand our wonderful game.

I was disappointed to see that the chess community has apparently been more successful - Wall Street Journal On Chess in the Pandemic - in grasping the opportunity (or have I missed something).

The ACBL/BBO story over the last two months is a remarkable one and should be told. Where in the media can I read or hear about service to home bound seniors, much needed intellectual stimulation, learning opportunities, ACBL/BBO unbelievably rapid response and growth, etc. I have seen nothing outside of the bridge media.

I quote a rather opportunistic politician (bah !) " A crisis is a terrible thing to waste."

Folks - The iron is hot !

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-12, 08:41

My mother sent me her newspaper's "Goren Bridge" column from last Wednesday. The opening paragraph was about how bridge has moved online due to the pandemic.

The cover story of this month's ACBL Bulletin is about the same subject.

However, both of these are targeted to existing bridge players, it sounds like you're asking about getting the word out to people who don't already read bridge-related material.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-12, 13:38

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-12, 08:41, said:

My mother sent me her newspaper's "Goren Bridge" column from last Wednesday. The opening paragraph was about how bridge has moved online due to the pandemic.

The cover story of this month's ACBL Bulletin is about the same subject.

However, both of these are targeted to existing bridge players, it sounds like you're asking about getting the word out to people who don't already read bridge-related material.

If you google both of:
pandemic chess online
pandemic bridge online
the difference is noticeable, at least with my profile (don't expect google to give the same results as yours to everyone or even to anyone else).

Of course a lot of this is down to the name "bridge", which is a much more recurrent and ambiguous word than "chess"... maybe we should return to "biritch".

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-21, 10:53

https://www.cnbc.com...e-pandemic.html

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users