BBO Discussion Forums: Creating a lot of hands played by robots - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating a lot of hands played by robots

#1 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-16, 11:00

Does anyone know of a way to make a lot of hands played by a robot? By a lot I mean at least 10k and preferably more. Currently I can make 250 hands in 20 mins annoyingly in batches of 250 so I can't go away and leave it. Preferably a good robot.

By good robot I mean Jack, wbridge or qplus or equivalent. Gib isn't good enough.

Oh and in case it matters the bidding alone is enough.

#2 User is offline   Cascade 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Juggling, Unicycling

Posted 2024-February-17, 13:40

View Postetha, on 2024-February-16, 11:00, said:

Does anyone know of a way to make a lot of hands played by a robot? By a lot I mean at least 10k and preferably more. Currently I can make 250 hands in 20 mins annoyingly in batches of 250 so I can't go away and leave it. Preferably a good robot.

By good robot I mean Jack, wbridge or qplus or equivalent. Gib isn't good enough.

Oh and in case it matters the bidding alone is enough.

Is there a way to make a batch file to run multi batches of 250 sequentially. I used to do that with GIB for single dummy simulations and have done it with other simulation programs (that do not play the hand).

For example, I did around 10000 of the auction 1NT 3NT where I tested the results for various leads and another where I compared the difference between opening 2Ma or passing when holding 6-4 or 4-6 in the majors.
Wayne Burrows

I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

#3 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-18, 06:32

Jack has no command line commands that I know of. Even if I make a 10k file it crashes after 250 boards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users