• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-December-09, 20:04

What's the contract?

#3 User is offline   Yu18772 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-December-09, 20:11

How many am I playing, what was the auction and MP or IMP?
Yehudit Hasin

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-09, 23:20

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-December-09, 19:56, said:

RHO flickered slightly at trick 4

West leads the J of hearts Q K x,
A,x,x,x
10,x,x,x
Q

Continue from here

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-09, 23:40

sorry, ur playing 2S in matchpoints with opps silent
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#6 User is offline   kayin801 

• Modern Day Trebuchet Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-10, 23:27

Since W led the heart J from Jxx(x) there's some restricted choice argument that if he had Jxx(x) of diamonds as well he'd lead that half the time instead therefore making it more likely that E has the diamond J? Or maybe this partnership really likes leading unsupported honor cards? Sorry I don't speak crazy lead.
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

East4Evil sohcahtoa 4ever!!!!!1

#7 User is offline   EricK 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-11, 04:44

View Postkayin801, on 2011-December-10, 23:27, said:

Since W led the heart J from Jxx(x) there's some restricted choice argument that if he had Jxx(x) of diamonds as well he'd lead that half the time instead therefore making it more likely that E has the diamond J? Or maybe this partnership really likes leading unsupported honor cards? Sorry I don't speak crazy lead.

But there's a restricted choice argument in the other direction. The fact that he makes a strange lead makes it more likely he has Jxx in the other unbid suit - i.e. he made the odd lead because he had no choice but to lead from an undesirable suit.

#8 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-13, 01:49

I just wanna know whether u should go on instinct, which was RHO is full of it and doesn't hold the J, or whether u should play him for an honest lead here and hook the J the other way. Strong table feel is that he's full of it and LHO has the J, but playing with a client would u hook RHO for the J anyway or take the non-book approach?
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#9 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-December-13, 09:24

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-December-13, 01:49, said:

I just wanna know whether u should go on instinct, which was RHO is full of it and doesn't hold the J, or whether u should play him for an honest lead here and hook the J the other way. Strong table feel is that he's full of it and LHO has the J, but playing with a client would u hook RHO for the J anyway or take the non-book approach?

Who says RHO's Q must be an honest card? With QJ he can safely play the J as well (his partner will never waste K)... So technically, restricted choice applies and I'd place J with LHO.

About following your instinct: you should keep stats about this. If after a while your instinct seems right more often than not, start trusting it. If it's wrong more often, then never trust it.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#10 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2011-December-13, 09:29

A diamond shift doesn't make sense from neither Qx nor QJx(x...), so I don't know what I would do.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#11 User is offline   sathyab 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-December-15, 17:07

Given the play to-date, declarer has shown 4 or more s, 3 s, leaving 6 or fewer cards in minors. Only reason why RHO didn't safely exit a trump is that he must have the stiff Q or Qx and probably three trumps. He's probably looking at nothing in s, which makes it reasonable to hope that declarer has some values in s and partner has some stuff in pointed suits. Partner must have Kx or Ax of s in addition to King of s in which case you will beat this hand a trick. Not quite sure why he thinks it's so important to beat the hand and give up an over-trick or simplify declarer's guess in s when his defense doesn't work. My guess is that RHO is probably a better rubber Bridge or IMP player.
Seeking input from anyone who doesn't frequently "wtp", "Lol" or post to merely "Agree with ..."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users