BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1076 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#21501 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-June-04, 17:54

View Postkenberg, on 2024-June-04, 07:48, said:

Added: I fiund the WaPo link as to what Trump said and did not say.

https://www.washingt...on-lock-her-up/

A pretty comprehensive video history of the original interview where Trump claimed he didn't say lock her up, and the blowback on the host for not fact checking Trump at the time.

Fox News Host SEETHES After Being BRUTALLY FACT CHECKED!

Of course, with Trump facing actual prison time, he's doing everything to a) Not go to prison b) Turn this into a political advantage. As to a), Trump thinks he can pressure the NY legal system to give him a break because he gave Hillary a break by not prosecuting her (see the video to see what a lie that was). And for b), this is just pure lying to try to make the uneducated and uninformed think that he was and will be a "fair and balanced" president.

#21502 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-June-04, 19:23

View Postjohnu, on 2024-June-04, 17:54, said:

A pretty comprehensive video history of the original interview where Trump claimed he didn't say lock her up, and the blowback on the host for not fact checking Trump at the time.

Wait a minute, this makes no sense, are you suggesting that Donald Trump would say something that wasn't true?

Non legit hoc

#21503 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-June-05, 08:45

View Postjohnu, on 2024-June-04, 17:54, said:

Fox News Host SEETHES After Being BRUTALLY FACT CHECKED!

Of course, with Trump facing actual prison time, he's doing everything to a) Not go to prison b) Turn this into a political advantage. As to a), Trump thinks he can pressure the NY legal system to give him a break because he gave Hillary a break by not prosecuting her (see the video to see what a lie that was). And for b), this is just pure lying to try to make the uneducated and uninformed think that he was and will be a "fair and balanced" president.

I got about halfway though, a little more, I'll do the rest later. Fine. It is settled. Trump did say the words "Lock her up". I had never heard of Will Cain but his self-defense is ludicrous, just as Trump's is.

I keep looking for a way out of this and I have a suggestioin. Yes Trump lied. But right now, I would focus on his vindicitveness. There are a lot of people out there who are not at all happy with where we are or where we seem to be headed. Maybe they see Trump's lies as the least of their problems. But Trump is consumed by anger and vindictiveness. Such a person, liberal, conservative, whatever, and Trump should not be called a conservative, that is an insult to conservatives, should not be president. It is bad that he lies, the harm he intends to do is much worse, We need to get people to think about that. Trump should not be president even if his plan is to give everyone who is named Ken Berg $100,000 in appreciation of our existence.
Ken

#21504 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted Yesterday, 15:29

View Postkenberg, on 2024-June-05, 08:45, said:

I got about halfway though, a little more, I'll do the rest later. Fine. It is settled. Trump did say the words "Lock her up". I had never heard of Will Cain but his self-defense is ludicrous, just as Trump's is.

I keep looking for a way out of this and I have a suggestioin. Yes Trump lied. But right now, I would focus on his vindicitveness. There are a lot of people out there who are not at all happy with where we are or where we seem to be headed. Maybe they see Trump's lies as the least of their problems. But Trump is consumed by anger and vindictiveness. Such a person, liberal, conservative, whatever, and Trump should not be called a conservative, that is an insult to conservatives, should not be president. It is bad that he lies, the harm he intends to do is much worse, We need to get people to think about that. Trump should not be president even if his plan is to give everyone who is named Ken Berg $100,000 in appreciation of our existence.

Me, I'd go with the rapes...
And the sexual assaults
And the whole "tried to overthrow the US government" thing
Alderaan delenda est

#21505 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 23:37

There is something wrong with the world when all we have are the political choices on offer world wide
And something even more wrong that they appeal to anybody
For want of a better phrase those who appeal to the anti-establishment, anti-elite, the anti-corrupt will always appeal these days
Its an embarrassing thing for a highly educated experienced professional, and highly political person to say that these days I would find it hard voting for anyone other than myself - fortunately for the USA I live elsewhere. The world's least popular populist :lol:

But seriously. I think its a case for reflection on why some people are so popular

#21506 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 14:32

View Posthrothgar, on 2024-June-06, 15:29, said:

Me, I'd go with the rapes...
And the sexual assaults
And the whole "tried to overthrow the US government" thing

Well, this wouldcertainly make me not vote for him. But I have more resons than I can count why I would not vote for him. Here is an important fact. I am comfortable. Yes I notice prices have gone up. Of course. My concern with prices now is on a completely differemt level than my concerns when I was 20. There are people out there to day whose concerns about prices are mch like mine were way way back then. Can we reach them? I hope, for some, the anser is yes. Yjey don't give a FF about what DT did with Stormy however. We have to address their concerns. Ok, I don't really know how best to do that but the problem is that when I hear Biden speak I worry that he also doesn't know either.

Basics are good. Very basic basics. I hope we do that. There are many people who plan to vote for Trump that I believe will seriously regret it. Let's hope a clear case is made and let's hopesomeone listens. I wish I were more optimistic.
Ken

• 1076 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 User(s) are reading this topic
2 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google,
  2. Facebook,
  3. helene_t,
  4. Cyberyeti