BBO Discussion Forums: playing Casual games with partner - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

playing Casual games with partner

#1 User is offline   magpie1939 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-18, 19:29

Since Bridge Base has divided into two servers my partner and I am unable to play together on Casual. We both press Casual and we are signed in but the server always says the partner that I am inviting is not signed in. We no longer can play together on Casual. any suggestions? Magpie1939

#2 User is offline   hevenly1 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-19, 02:38

Check you both have Adobe Flash Player installed (or updated) on your computer. Without flash player you will neither be able to log in to the updated version of BBO nor switch to the casual server. One of you has clicked casual and appears to be logged in but is actually stuck in main. When you click casual you should see a reappearance of the “BridgeBase Connecting please wait” message. If you don’t see that, you are still in main.

#3 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-19, 02:51

View Posthevenly1, on 2020-May-19, 02:38, said:

Check you both have Adobe Flash Player installed (or updated) on your computer. Without flash player you will neither be able to log in to the updated version of BBO nor switch to the casual server. One of you has clicked casual and appears to be logged in but is actually stuck in main. When you click casual you should see a reappearance of the “BridgeBase Connecting please wait” message. If you don’t see that, you are still in main.

I suspect that this is the wrong way round.
If you are using the Adobe Flash based software you will NOT be able to access the new "casual" section.
You and your partners should both be using the latest HTML5 browser version.

#4 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-19, 03:04

As the two previous posters have implied, the problem is that you and your partner are using different versions of BBO clients. One of you is using the latest BBO, either through a browser at bridgebase.com, or through an updated app on iPad or Android.

The other is using an outdated client: either the original Windows client, the Flash-based client available on bridgebase.com (click here for the old Flash version) which is best avoided for a number of reasons, or an outdated app on iPad or Android.

My guess would be the latter given you've just joined the BBO Forums. So check the Apple app store or Google Play store and update the BBO app.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#5 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-19, 03:33

The one using the old client should open the tabe.

The one using the new client can join via invitation, or profile -> join.

#6 User is offline   kibsbobs 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-21, 04:08

View Postpaulg, on 2020-May-19, 03:04, said:

As the two previous posters have implied, the problem is that you and your partner are using different versions of BBO clients. One of you is using the latest BBO, either through a browser at bridgebase.com, or through an updated app on iPad or Android.

The other is using an outdated client: either the original Windows client, the Flash-based client available on bridgebase.com (click here for the old Flash version) which is best avoided for a number of reasons, or an outdated app on iPad or Android.

My guess would be the latter given you've just joined the BBO Forums. So check the Apple app store or Google Play store and update the BBO app.

We had a very weird situation today. We are all on the new version (v3). All of us hit "casual". 3 of us were then visible on the casual server, while the 4th still was on main server - even after hitting casual. She is on a rather old machine though. She enters via Chrome and the URL that takes her to v3. Why is this happening?

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-21, 10:56

Tell her to clear her browser cache and try again.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users