BBO Discussion Forums: play in tempo and will not be reseated - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

play in tempo and will not be reseated

#1 User is offline   Rfulrabbit 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-October-04, 12:15

hi folks
I td a goulash game three times a week and we use temp bots and the original player gets reseated.
If disconnected a second time, they are subbed.

It was my impression that I could not reseat a player this past wednesday and some players asked me why they were removed, and I had no answer as I did not remove them.

Last night, while I was playing and lost connection I was not reseated.
Please advise as to recent changes to software.
thanks

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-October-05, 03:50

View PostRfulrabbit, on 2024-October-04, 12:15, said:

hi folks
I td a goulash game three times a week and we use temp bots and the original player gets reseated.
If disconnected a second time, they are subbed.

It was my impression that I could not reseat a player this past wednesday and some players asked me why they were removed, and I had no answer as I did not remove them.

Last night, while I was playing and lost connection I was not reseated.
Please advise as to recent changes to software.
thanks

Hi Rfulrabbit,

Temporary robots no longer automatically save the seat for the "original player" unless the tournament is set up with the "reseat players" feature, which is typically available in paid tournaments like ACBL speedballs and isn't part of the free games setup.

A recent server update fixed a bug that allowed temporary robots to be used in all games, even those without the reseating function. Now, only games with the "reseat players" option will save the original player’s seat at the end of the board.

In free games, once a player is replaced by a substitute (robot, temporary robot, or another human), the substitute continues playing until the host manually reseats the player using the available tools. While free games, often hosted by volunteers, don’t typically have a reseating policy, hosts can use the "Reseat Player" option in the Director panel if needed.

We understand this might be inconvenient for experienced hosts, but advanced subbing and reseating features were designed for premium games, which offer more management options and use paid TDs.

We're also aware that substitution options are currently visible to all players (even those not directing a game). This is something we're working to resolve, and future updates will ensure these options only appear when applicable.

There was no other change, such as removing players automatically -- the players who were removed from your game were removed by another human managing the game, not by the BBO system.

#3 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-October-10, 12:28

It is a bad policy from the part of BBO to revoke a granted feature. :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users